CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL, warrants all insulated glass delivered to the original consumer or its authorized dealer against, failure of the air seal for a five (5) year period from the date of manufacture - decorative glass for five (5) years from date of manufacture. This Warranty does not include cracked or broken glass or damage to the product resulting from accident, abusive handling or misuse. Should there be such a failure of the air seal within the Limited Warranty period, CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL, shall provide a replace piece of insulated glass at their discretion. The consumer will be responsible for installation of the glass. CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL, will not be responsible for repainting, refinishing or similar actives involved and replacing of glass panels.
CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL, warrants to the original consumer the quality of workmanship and materials of timber items to be free from defects which may render the product unserviceable for two (2) years from date of purchase.
To comply within Limited Warranty, it is the consumer’s responsibility to properly care for and protect all timber products:
- Immediately after fitting and prior to hanging, the entire door, interior and exterior, top and bottom edges, and hinge checkouts, must receive a minimum of two (2) coats of undercoat and two (2) coats of oil paint or equivalent grade of recommended paint, vanish, or sealer to prevent undue absorption of moisture which may cause warping to occur. Acrylic, Water and Solvent based primer / paints or thinner are not suitable for treatment of Timber Doors.
- All doors are supplied unfinished.
- Doors must be stored flat, in a dry place, avoid freshly plastered rooms or other damp areas, and not in direct sunlight.
- Regular maintenance to prevent breakdown and exposure to the element should be provided to prevent deterioration.
- Doors must be inspected upon arrival for visible defects and all claims based thereon must be filled within seven (7) days.
- Texture and colour variations do not constitute defects, as timber is a natural product.
- A change in climatic condition can cause slight movement in the component of some solid timber doors. These are not considered a defect.
- Door profiles can change without notice due to Stock availability. Every effort will be made to maintain our Standard profiles. These are not considered a defect.
- Warp exceeding 5mm shall be considered a defect. Warping refers to distortion within the door itself and not to its relationship to the doorjamb or frame in which it is hung.
- Water damage will void our warranty. All Entrance doors must be hung in a Weather Protected areas.
- CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL, agrees to repair or replace at its options, unfinished and in the form originally supplied and without charge, any door found to be defective within the meaning of the warranty
- CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL, or the Seller will not be held responsible for charges of hanging, painting or other changes arising from the replacement of doors.
- CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL, recommends that if your door receives direct sunlight it should be painted in a LIGHT reflective colour, DARK colours may cause shrinkage due to change of moisture content, LIGHT coloured paint is a more durable finish for harsh conditions.
- We recommend that a minimum of Three (3) hinges to be used on Standard Entrance Doors and 4 hinges on all over-sized Doors.
The guarantee against warp does not apply to the following:
- 35mm and 40mm thick doors wider than 920mm or higher than 2140mm
- Doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely.
- External doors which have been painted dark colours or different colours on each face.
Maximum Allowable Trimming of Doors
- 10mm each side from solid constructed joinery engineered doors.
- 30mm each side from solid timber joinery doors with 130mm styles.
- 20mm each side from solid timber joinery doors with 110mm styles.
- 30mm from either the Top or Bottom rails.
Anything outside the above please consult with CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL
- Solid Timber Joinery Doors have Solid timber Styles, Rails and Mullions with laminated timber or MDF veneered fielded panels.
- Engineered Joinery doors use veneered laminated timber Styles, Rails and Mullions with veneered MDF fielded panels. Suitable for either paint or stain (For internal use Only).
- Experience has demonstrated that warp occurs after doors have been delivered to storage or building sites, it is usually due to improper storage or adverse moisture conditions after hanging, and not to faulty manufacture. The manufacturer will accept no responsibility for doors when moisture content of the timber falls below 10% or exceeds 16%.
- Colour Photograph as shown in this catalogue do not always reflect the actual true colours. All Factory glazed doors comply with Australian Glazing Standard AS 1288-2006.
All complaints must be accompanied with a receipt of purchased and in writing to:
CROWN DOORS INTERNATIONAL
50A Williamson Rd INGLEBURN NSW 2565
Tel: (02) 9618 2345 Fax: (02) 9618 3663